- Routing essentials introduction
- Routing principles
- IP addressing
- Network planning essentials
- 2-Byte and 4-Byte AS Numbers
- Router configuration
- Basic OSPF operations
- Basic BGP operations
- BGP Scaling, BGP Best Practices
- Labs involved:
- Setting up network with OSPF and BGP
- Adding IPv6 OSPF-BGP Lab, eBGP Lab (using IPv4 and IPv6)
- Filtering and BGP Policies Lab (using IPv4 or IPv6 or both)
To teach participants how to set up an operational network with
multiple routers, using OSPF as an IGP and BGP as the routing
mechanism to connect this network to other networks.
- Track 1: Tuesday 3rd - Friday 6th December
This is an introductory workshop. Participants don't need to have
experience with routers or routing protocols, but should be
aware of how to use command line interface for managing network
equipment, and be familiar with IPv4 and TCP/IP protocols.
PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A LAPTOP COMPUTER.
- Nurul Islam, APNIC,
- Sheryl Hermoso, APNIC,
Click on this link to access the workshop materials (7Mbytes).