This technical workshop is made up of lectures and hands-on lab
exercise to teach design issues to build routing infrastructure,
classifications and how to choose different routing protocols,
Internet routing architecture design principles, OSPF, BGP, BGP
traffic engineering and scaling tools i.e. Local Pref, MED, AS path
prepend, communities, Route reflector, peer group etc. Presentation
cover detail protocol level operation an industry best current
practise for both service provider and enterprise network.
The course also includes intense practical work based on IPv4 as well
as IPv6 and Cisco IOS router configuration commands.
- Course: IP Routing Concept & Advance BGP
- Delivery: Workshop
- Duration: 4 days
- Level of Study: Intermediate
Mid level to senior technical and design staff of ISP, network
operators or enterprise, who are involved in day-to-day network
operation and planning function.
It is assumed that participants have a good understanding of network
operations, Internet technologies, OSI reference model, TCP/IP and
router operating system software (i.e Cisco IOS etc).
It is recommended that the participants attend WROU01 course prior to
attending this course.
- IPv6 Address Structure
- Routing Lab Topology Overview
- Operation of OSPF Routing Protocol
- Lab Exercise on Basic Router and OSPF Dynamic Routing
- Basic BGP operation
- BGP Attributes and Path Selection Process
- BGP traffic engineering tools i.e. Local Pref, MED, AS path
prepend, communities etc.
- BGP Scaling Techniques i.e. Route reflector, peer group
- Lab Exercise on iBGP, RR, Peer group etc.
- Internet Exchange [IX] Policy Overview and Configuration
requirement, Route server etc.
Hardware: It is highly recommended that participants bring their own
laptop computers (At least Pentium 4, 1gb Ram, DVD drive, Wifi
(b/g/n), with administrative access to system) to practice the lessons
learned during the workshops.
Software: SSH Client, Telnet Client
40 participants per workshop
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of
The workshop materials and working configurations for each of the
lab exercise will be available at the end of the workshop.